Our 16-1 team won the AAU 16 Open National Championship in June of 2013
Please join us this Fall and Winter for exceptional training! We are offering training for players in grades 3-12 at our Rochester and Novi location. These training sessions are run by our top Elite and National level coaches.
Last session is Sunday, October 26th in Rochester
Fall Ball: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4fafa62aa31-fall
Mini Ball: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4fafa62aa31-mini
Position Training: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4fafa62aa31-fall1
What: Snow Ball will be for 8 Sundays. This is designed for players with intermediate skills and will offer instruction and training in the high-performance skills and techniques of passing, setting, attacking, serving and defense. Emphasis is placed on developing court movement and ball control, as well as game competition. Players will go through flexible movement workouts.
Who: Girls entering 6th-10th grades
When: Sundays from 9-11am (Nov 30, Dec 7th, 14th, Jan 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, Feb 1st)Where: Legacy Volleyball Center 1136 S. Rochester Rd. Rochester, MI (located behind Dick's Sports) OR MPL Volleyball Center 46500 Desoto Ct Novi, MI
Cost: $25 per session
What: 10u League is designed for players with beginning skills and will offer instruction and training in the high-performance skills and techniques of passing, setting, attacking, serving and defense in a FUN atmosphere. Emphasis is placed on developing court movement and ball control, as well as game competition. First hour of session will be instructional, last hour of session will be game situations. Cost will also include a t-shirt jersey.
Who: 5th grade and under
Where: Legacy Volleyball Center 1136 Rochester Rd. Rochester, MI (directly behind Dick's sports) OR MPL Volleyball Center 46500 Desoto Ct Novi, MI
When: 6-8pm on Friday's (Jan 9th, Jan 23rd, Feb 6th, Feb 20th, March 6th)
Cost: $100 for 5 sessions and T-shirt jersey
What: This WINTER we will be offering various individual position training sessions on Sundays.
Who: Middle and High School Athletes
Where: Legacy Volleyball Center-1136 S. Rochester Rd. Rochester, MI (directly behind Dick's Sports) OR MPL Volleyball Center 46500 Desoto Ct Novi, MI
When: Sundays (See Schedule on Registration Link)
Cost: $50 per session for Attacking, Defense/Passing, Setting
$25 per session for Serving
What: Two hours of skill-specific training with high reps. This is a great tune-up for club season. Drop of your kids and get shopping!!
Who: Middle and High school athletes
Coaches: Kelly Price-Nemeckay, Kate Price, Brittany McGinnis and Angie McGinnis
Time: Friday November 28th
Cost: $75 per session
Location: All camps are held at Legacy Volleyball Club – 1136 S. Rochester Rd. Rochester Hills (facility is behind Dick’s Sporting Goods).
Payment: Please make checks payable to Angie McGinnis- Please mail them to – 212 Aris Avenue Cheektowaga, NY 14206
What: Setting technique work with high reps.
Coach: Angie McGinnis-Hasseman
Who: Middle and High School Athletes
Where: Legacy Volleyball Center-1136 S. Rochester Rd. Rochester, MI (directly behind Dick's Sports)
When: Sundays in Sept. and Oct. See Schedule on Registration Link
Cost: $50 per session
Legacy Volleyball Center
1136 S Rochester Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
* The entrance to LVC is located behind Dick's Sporting Goods
42350 Grand River Ave
Novi, MI 48375
* The entrance to MPB is located behind Cort Furniture
- Played volleyball from 2000-2003 at Eastern Michigan University. 4 year starter and EMU record holder in Digs, Games played and Attack attemps. MAC record holder in Digs and Attack attempts. Named to the All-MAC volleyball and acdemic teams. - Student Assistant Coach at EMU -- 2003-2004
- Varsity Volleyball Coach (Ypsilanti Lincoln HS, Pinckney HS and Lakeland HS) 2003-2011
- Current Varsity Coach at Novi HS (2012-present)
- KLAA Division Champs (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011), KLAA Conference Champions (2009, 2010, 2011), KLAA Association Champions (2012 and 2013), District Champions (2009, 2010, 2011)
- 12 Players named All-County, 2 Players named County Player of the year, 11 players named All-Region, 3 players named All-State
- Has been coaching National teams at Legacy for 6 years and is a Club Owner
- 2013 16 Open AAU National Champions (1st Open Championship for any Michigan team at any age group)
- Qualified for 16 Open at Junior Nationals in Dallas, TX. Finished 7th place (highest finish for any Michigan team at any age group)
- Top 5 finish in 17 National at Junior National Championships (Miami, FL) - 2009 and Top 10 finish in 16 National (Reno, NV) - 2010
- Top 10 finish in 17 Open at AAU National Championships 2009 and Top 5 finish in 18 Open in 2012
- North Coast Power League Champions (2011, 2012, 2013), Three Top 4 finishes in Open at National Qualifiers (2011-2013), National Junior Classic Runner Ups 2012, Lakeshore Volleyfest Champions (2011 & 2013)
- Worked with over 90 athletes in contining their playing career in college as the Recruiting Coordinator
- Previous Club Director and Founder of Eastern Volleyball Academy (2005-2007). 17U team qualified for 17 National at Junior Olympic National Championships in Reno, NV - 2006.
- Coached 3 AAU All Americans, 2 Junior National All Tournament Players, 1 Miss Volleyball Winner, 1 Gatorade Player of the Year
- Originally from Essex, Ontario (Canada) and now lives in Wixom with husband, Ricky Cottrill, daughter Londyn and son Kayden.
Played varsity volleyball at Chippewa Valley High School for Bill Rice from 2002-2005. In 2004 the team made it to the Elite Eight.Went to Oakland University on a full athletic scholarship and played for Dave Schmidlin and Rob Beam
Four year starting libero at Oakland University. Earned school records in 5 catagories: Digs/set. Digs in a match, Digs/season, digs/career and aces/career. Named captain both junior and senior year and was ranked in the top 15 in the nation for digs/set. Graduated with a bachelor degree in communication.
2007-Present: Legacy Volleyball Coach
2011-Present: Legacy National Coach
2011: Took 3rd place in 17 Classic at AAU National Championship with Legacy 17-3 National team
2009-2011: West Bloomfield High School JV Head coach
2011- Present: Rochester High School Head Varsity coach
2013: Took 3rd place in 12 Open at Volleyfest
2013: Took 3rd place in JVA world challenge in 15 Club.
Currently coach volleyball for a living and will be adding St. Hugo 6th grade coach to my resume in the fall of 2013.
- 3D Volleyball Club – U12 and U18 Coach - 2012 - 2013
- MEVBA – U12 and U14 Coach - 2010-2012
- Varsity Volleyball Coach at Novi High School - 1993-2010
o State of Michigan – Special Tribute 2004
o 19 seasons MIVCA Team Academic All-State Honor
o MIVCA All-Star Coach 2008
o Approximately 400 Female Student Athletes Taught and Coached.
o 3 Former players have come back to coach in the Novi Program
- 8th Grade Girls Green Volleyball Coach at Novi High School 2008
- Varsity (7/8th Grade) St. Joseph CYO Volleyball Director and Coach.
2006-Present (Final Four/18-1 – 2012)
- Junior Varsity (4/5th Grade) St. Joseph CYO 2010-Present
• CPR and American Red Cross Certified
• PACE I Certified
• IMPACT Certified (2011)
• AVCA Member
Julie lives in South Lyon, MI with her husband and three daughters (16, 14, 11), and teaches at Northville High School in Northville, MI.
Angie played volleyball at the University of Florida from 2004-2007. She was a member of our women's National Team for 5 years and the setting alternate in 2008 Beijing Olympics. She finished her career playing 3 professional seasons abroad before moving back to the states to start a family. Angie's husband is a college wrestling coach which has forced them to move around the country but frequently comes back to the area to run clinics.
-3 time Division 1 NCAA All-American
- 2 time SEC player of the year
Originally from Fraser, Michigan and now lives in Buffalo, New York with husband Bryce Hasseman and son Levi.
Co-Founder, Club Director and Coach for Skill Ignition VBC.
Legacy 2013: 15 West & 17 Swoosh
Legacy 2014: 18-2 & 14 Swoosh
9th grade and JV Coach at Divine Child, Dearborn.
Varsity Coach at Walled Lake Western HS (2012-present)
USAV CAP II, IMPACT, VCAP and High Performance Pipeline.
Additional Coaching Education and Seminars:
USAV High Performance, Volleyball Training Solutions, Gold Medal Squared, Sports Performance, Munciana and The Art of Coaching Volleyball.
Competitive amateur golfer (3 HCP) and instructor.
4 year varsity track and cross country at Northville HS.
3 years club rugby at Michigan State University.
Happily married for over 20 years (Tytti).
Daughter (Kelly) plays DS/Libero for Livonia Franklin HS and Legacy.
Small business owner, entrepreneur and inventor.
Nicole graduated from Michigan State University in 2011 with a B.A. in Psychology. At Michigan State, she received Academic All- Big Ten honors and made an NCAA Tournament appearance. Prior to MSU, Nicole competed for Grand Rapids Community College, where she was the first player in program history to be named a First-Team All-American. Additionally, she was named NJCAA Regional Player of the Year in 2008 before to transferring to Michigan State to continue her setting career. She had previously coached for MVA in Grand Rapids before joining Legacy. Nicole is also an assistant coach at Mercy High School.
Playing History: 3 Year Starter at CMU, NCVF All-American Honorable Mention, led team in digs and aces (2011-2013).
Coaching History: 5th Year at Legacy; 4 with National Teams, Teams have won Volleyfest, KIVA Memorial Cup, and an AAU State Championship. 2011-Won universities first Division 1 Mid American Conference Championship with CMU. 2012-2013 led Central Michigan's Women's Club team to two top 10 final rankings in the country.
Certifications: IMPACT, VCAP I & II, Gold Medal Squared, Premier & Sports Performance. Also works with US High Performance Team and is part of the Mideast Qualifier College Combine program.
Currently resides in Commerce Township works for New York Life Insurance Group.